At CenterPointe Hospital of Columbia, we want each person to feel comfortable and informed when they begin their treatment journey with us. Knowing what you can and cannot bring with you to our hospital in Columbia, Missouri, can help ease stress and promote a smooth admissions experience.
What to Bring
Our goal at CenterPointe Hospital of Columbia is to provide a safe therapeutic environment for everyone who chooses to heal with us. For this reason, we ask that patients and their families follow our guidelines about what to bring for a potential inpatient stay.
You should bring the following items with you when you come to our hospital:
- Insurance and ID cards
- Name, address, and phone number of current and previous physicians and therapists
- Name, address, and phone number for your child’s school, school counselor, and school nurse
- Your current medication list with dosages or all your current medications, including over-the-counter medications and inhalers, for verification (medications will be sent home if possible)
- Three to five sets of clothing, underwear, bras without wires, and socks (no strings, ties, metal, or underwire)
- Two pairs of shoes without shoestrings (one pair for the gym)
- Nightwear or pajamas
- Eye care items (contact lenses)
- Eyeglasses along with case and cleaning solution
- Sweater or jacket
Please note, washers and dryers are available on the unit for washing clothes.
You should also bring these items with you; however, if needed, they are available at our hospital:
- Comb and/or hairbrush
- Oral care items (toothbrush, toothpaste, denture cup, denture cleaner)
- Deodorant (nonaerosol)
- Shampoo and conditioner
Additionally, to encourage a safe, respectful, and comfortable environment for all, we ask that patients observe our dress code guidelines:
- Clothing should not be revealing or extremely tight: no halter tops, tube tops, fishnet shirts, medical scrubs, or short shorts.
- Clothing should not contain drug, alcohol, sexual, or gang-related messages.
What not to Bring
To ensure the safety of all patients during their stay at CenterPointe Hospital of Columbia, we do not allow the following items on the hospital unit:
- Outside food, candy, and gum
- Electronic devices
- Glass, metal, or hard plastic objects or containers
- Clothing hangers
- Aerosol sprays and flammable liquids
- Cigarettes, vapes, and other smoking devices
- Guns, knives, weapons, ammunition, and scissors
- Pornographic materials
- Cellphones and pagers (these will be secured in a locked area with limited access upon admission)
- Recording devices
- Mind-altering substances
- Drug paraphernalia
- Personal hygiene products containing alcohol, including but not limited to cologne, body spray, and mouthwash
- Picture frames, though pictures without frames are permitted
- Rope, string, yarn, scarves, and belts
- Plastic bags or cellophane
- Spiral or wire binder notebooks
- Nail polish, nail files, and nail polish remover
- Any items that may be used by a patient to harm themselves or others
- Cash and valuable jewelry
Please note, CenterPointe Hospital of Columbia is a nonsmoking facility, and we do not allow any smoking devices on the premises.
Preparing for an inpatient stay can feel overwhelming and bring up a lot of questions. At our leading hospital in Columbia, Missouri, we understand the challenges and emotions you might be struggling with, and we want to be a source of compassion and assistance.
Our admissions counselors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions, help you schedule or complete an admissions assessment, provide further details about our programming, or assist with other aspects of the admissions process. We know that you may need the guidance of our experts to make the best decision for yourself or your family as well as to transition to care in the smoothest possible way.
If you have any questions or concerns about a potential inpatient stay at our hospital, we encourage you to contact our team today.